CEAP strives to provide the most wholesome, nutritious foods possible for families in need.
That’s why 60% of the food consists of fresh produce, including vegetables, fruit, meat and dairy, when possible. Non-perishable items comprise the rest of any order. The foods provided vary greatly from day to day, and season to season, as we rely on the generosity of our donors to help stock our shelves.
CEAP’s Food Market uses appointments to ensure that everyone has a pleasant experience shopping. If you are interested in visiting CEAP’s food shelf and receiving food, please make an appointment by calling our office at 763-566-9600 (se habla español).We schedule same-day and next-day appointments.
Due to COVID-19, our typical guideline of one visit per month has been removed. You can make an appointment at CEAP whenever your household is in need of food.
Getting help at CEAP is simple! Just follow these steps:
- Call 763-566-9600 and ask to make an appointment for food assistance. You can select a same-day or next-day time slot between 9am and 3:30pm Monday through Thursday, or Friday from 9am to noon. You can also let us know if your child has an upcoming birthday, if you need personal hygiene items, or diapers/wipes/formula/baby food.
- Arrive at CEAP (7051 Brooklyn Blvd) at your appointment time and follow the signs through the circle drive at the back of the building. Stay in your car.
- Don’t have a car? No problem! Our friends at Metro Mobility are offering FREE delivery from food shelves because of COVID-19. Find out more here.
- A volunteer will approach your car and ask for your name to get you checked in.
- The volunteer will return with a cart of groceries for you, already packed into boxes and bags. Wait until the volunteer is back inside before you get out of your car and load your groceries.
- Once your vehicle is loaded or you have your groceries back on the bus, you’re ready to go! We hope you enjoy the food.